Hello everyone! I don't often write journal entries or give much insight into my personal life, and figured I'd write a little something here.
For those who don't know me personally, I'm an adjunct professor of Digital Art at the University of Tampa, starting my fourth year this Fall, and will be starting my second year as an animation adjunct professor at the University of South Florida. During the school year, between the two universities and freelance projects I take on the side, I'm not very frequent online. Summers tend to be dedicated to conventions, personal projects and freelance to make up supplemental income (since teachers aren't paid during the summers). I have a Master of Fine Arts in Animation, and have worked as a freelance animator and illustrator since 2005.
I've decided to open up commissions this summer to help supplement my Freelance work. Below is a price guide with some samples of my illustrations:
Quick Sketch: $10
Includes simple sketch of one character. No shading or background.
Each Additional Character: +$5
Shaded Sketch: $20
Includes a more refined sketch of one character. May include a rough background, simple colors and/or shading.
Each Additional Character: +$10
Sketch Page: $20
I'll fill a single 8.5x11in paper with as many rough sketches as I can fit.
Up to 3 Characters on the same page for no additional cost
Black & White Illustration: $30
Single character illustration. Simple background. Black and white with minimal fills and shading
Additional Character: +$15 each
Simple Character Vector Colors: $40
Single character, no background. Flat colors and simple shading.
For +$5 for printing, shipping and handling, these can be made into a set of stickers or magnets. Stickers or magnets would be printed on 8.5x11in paper and cut before being sent. How many stickers/magnets will fit on a page depends on how big the stickers and magnets are. That will be at the discretion of the client, so long as they fit on a single 8.5x11in sheet of paper. Each additional sheet of paper is an additional +$5
Additional Characters: +$20 each
Minimal or Patterned background: +$10
Full Color Illustrations: $60
Includes Full Color Single Character and simple background, up to 11x17in.
Additional Character: +$30 each
Complex Background: Depends.
Animation is $25-$75 per second, depending on how complex the character is and whether it's roughs, inks, colors, etc. If you're interested in an animation commission, note me through this account or email me at email@example.com
1) Paypal is preferred for payment, but points is acceptable (so long as it equals the same cash amount). However, if points are being used, they will have to be done through the Commissions Widget. If you wish to pay via points, let me know and I'll set up a Commissions Widget.
2) Please provide a visual reference for your characters, and a short description of their personality/story.
3) Unless otherwise agreed to, all artwork will be drawn and submitted digitally, at 300dpi pdf (print quality). A physical print can be sent at the additional cost of printing, shipping and handling.
4) If your character is very detailed, the character by default will be simplified.
5) Payment is due upon the start of the commission. There are no refunds, unless for some reason the work cannot be completed (this has never happened). For inked and colored commissions, the base sketch will be sent to you first for review before the inks and colors are added. There may be up to 2 minor edits for no additional costs.
6) I will be working on commissions on the side - Freelance projects and school must take precedence. However, I work pretty quickly and no payment is required until the commission is starting.
7) Commissions may be used for anything you want (avatars, signatures, banners, etc.), so long as it's non-commercial and I am credited for the work. I reserve the right to use the artwork in my portfolio, as well as for commercial use.
8) Commercial use of the work by the client is subjected to my professional-level commission prices. If the client has paid for commercial use of the work, all rights to that piece will belong to the client. I'd like the option to use it in my portfolio if possible, but that would be at your discretion.
9) I am pretty flexible about the subject matter, and I don't mind drawing original characters, fan characters, fandoms, silly subjects, yaoi, yuri, anthros, action, sexual innuendo or tasteful nudity, but I reserve the right to refuse a project if I am uncomfortable with it.
By commissioning me, you've agreed to these terms. Thank you!
I am willing to do trades, but I can only take on 1-2 at a time and preferably as sketch trades. However, please keep in mind that trades will have to come after school, freelance and commissions, so it may take me awhile to get to it.
If you would like a commission, feel free to reply to this journal, note me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much!